Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wikiseat.org

by Sean Wheeler



I'm in the initial phases of planning a unit involving student construction of WikiSeats.  Here's what WikiSeat's creater, Nic Weidinger,  posts in the comments section of his WikiSeat Instructables post:

"So when it comes to marketing, one target audience is students and shop teachers. But the real opportunity starts when students – seeking to learn new skills – can work along side master craftsmen who have perfected their skills. This seems like a great way for people to collaborate and learn from one another. “Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.” The WikiSeat project is a medium that span across generations and professions by allowing anyone to create something useful within the framework. Every WikiSeat has the same basic elements, but every detail is ultimately up to the builder."

No comments:

Post a Comment